Monday, March 07, 2005

sell outs R' us

Did anyone see that commercial where Hootie and Brooke Burke dance like monkeys for Burger King? What a bunch of sell outs. Ok, I can understand why Brooke Burke might sell out to Burger King, she doesn't have much talent besides looking hot, but Hootie??? I was not really a fan of Hootie and The Blowfish, but I know they had a relatively large fan base. Could times really be so rough? I mean really. Burger King for godsakes? Burger King has to be one of the least popular fast food joints out there, besides Del Taco, which I would recommend NEVER going to. Everyone I know that has eaten there has become deathly ill. Anyhow, I was horrified at the sight of this Burger King commercial. Hootie and Brooke, hang thee heads in shame. You bunch of fucking losers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hootie and the Blowfish have been dinner guests for "whoever's buyin'"for like the last five years...i think; I always get them confused with the barenaked Ladies. Anyhow, one of them (hootie or the 'ladies) performed their only show last year at an NDP rally. When artists start playing for political parties (rather than, like, the marxists or something) it is usual the sign of an ended career.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

hahaha. well done mike. barenaked ladies, hootie, meh. they both suck. barenaked ladies got a gig doing commentary for VH1's I love the 80's, i believe, which i respect more than being Burger King's dinner guest. however, had i known that the blowfish had performed at that NDP rally last year i wouldn't have been so shocked. i guess that BK commercial caught me with my pants down, so to speak.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I knew I should have fact-checked myself before posting. It was indeed the barenaked ladies (not hootie) who sold out to mainstream politics. So indeed, it is OK to be shocked about the blofish and BK; I just wish I had cable so I could see for myself the deterioration of popular media. You'll just have to keep me informed.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ack! And I said 'like' didn't I?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

You did say like, but you used it to describe a time frame, it wasn't just spontaneously thrown in the middle of a sentence.

shameless promotion update: i just saw jackie chan selling trashbags on tv. jackie chan, martial arts master, star of various movies such as "rumble in the bronx" and "rush hour", selling glad hefty bags. tear.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home