Monday, February 14, 2005

happy valentine's day shmucks

Valentine's Day...I got your Valentine's Day right here. I finally realized that I should not let the corporate machine control me. It did for too many years. But this year I WILL NOT feed into it; I am boycotting the usual Valentine's day activities. No cards, flowers, none of that nonsense. Though it is tempting to try to milk a gift out of my boyfriend, I will not do it. Rage against the machine! To hell with Hallmark! They don't really care about you or your loved ones. And to hell with De Beers and the Robbins Brothers, bunch of chumps. Like acting more in love one day out of the year will enhance your relationship. I don't know if I sound like a kill joy or if I am making any sense, but if you want to get saucy, I say proclaim your love with construction paper and glue. Or how about a massage on a continual basis, a home cooked meal perhaps, anything that shows effort. That would be original and meaningful. There's hope for us, because I spoke with many other protesters of this retarded psuedo holiday, for which all true meaning was exploited by the capitalists, whom I loathe. Darn you pigs, though I was once one of you, I have seen the light and I hope you will someday too. Happy Valentine's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home