Tuesday, February 22, 2005

beware of the hebrew national

For months I've been dying to try the hot dogs from Costco. Everyone told me they were all the rage. Imagine, a jumbo hot dog AND a drink for just $1.50 (that includes free refills). I'm a fan of the hot dog, strangely. I know the hot dog consists of filler and animal byproduct, but I don't care. They're good. Especially the ones they sell in Tijuana, where they're wrapped in bacon. And they even throw a bunch of other random stuff on them, like jalapeƱos and potato chip crumbs. Tasty.

Now thanks to Costco, I don't think I'll be able to have a hot dog for a long time. I had one of their famous hot dogs and then a few hours later I began to hurl and didn't stop until the next day. 7 hours of spewing I tell you. That's almost a full day at work. Ok I didn't vomit for 7 hours straight, but it was every hour, on the hour, which was bad enough. After a while I didn't have anything left to puke, so I spent most of the time just wretching. It was awful. I gained my appetite back a couple of days later. I weighed myself shortly after the whole ordeal was over and I was down to 110 lbs. I haven't weighed that little since high school. That hebrew national was something fierce. That was also something that stumped me; weren't these Costco hot dogs supposed to be kosher? Or was it silly of me to assume this just because the word "hebrew" was contained in the title? Hasty generalization. Kosher does not necessarily mean better. The hot dogs sold by street vendors in Mexico are better, and ironically, they're safer too. Who would've thought?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

The Costco 'dogs are Kosher I think. But, they've been using a different brand in the 'states since Canadian Beef was banned; here, we still use the made-in-Canada hotdogs, no problems with the sickness. Although, why would you go for the hot dogs when you can get a massive, greasy slice of Pizza (those things are awesome for 2.25CAD$.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I miss you sooo much!!! I'm so sad that I never see you online, a lot has happened over here that I want to tell you about, and I want to hear about what's been going on in your vida loca, ha ha. I don't know if you have a different screen name, but mine is the same, 'deftonesdancer13,' so if I'm ever on, message me! Okay, well, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday, I'm 500 miles away, but I haven't forgotten about you! I love you!!! Byeeeeeeee!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

My uncle asked me the exact same thing. From now on I will opt for the greasy pizza.

Thanks marcie, love and miss you too! Byeeee.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! You obviously had a bug or something, because I ate that same hotdog that same day without and I didn't get no stomach sickness. Quit blaming it on Costco! You just had bad luck.

Love ya!
Your BF.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

OH i don't think so. your stomach is just made of steel. you could probably eat a week old dead squirrel and still be ok. i continue to stand by blaming it on costco.

love you too!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home