Tuesday, November 30, 2004

blogs of note? hardly

No offense blogger staff, but the blogs that you 'oh so selectively' choose for your grand blogs of note section are not so noteworthy. I've probably read one blog that actually deserved to be up there. The rest are a bore. There's a pattern too, they are usually blogs that tends to cater to some kind of current event or pop culture. For instance, I don't know how much longer it will be there but there's one right now called "Yanks Red Sox 2004". It's totally lame. There are a lot of lame blogs out there but the problem with this one is that I was tricked into thinking it was good by the blogger staff. Then there are the blogs that get a ton of hits because they speak of something controversial or have some topic that pisses people off. There is no better way to attain an audiences attention then to piss them off. What happened to posting a blog under blogs of note because of the substance within the blog? Did that ever exist? What about substance, literary devices, talent, use of humor, etc.? I suppose that's passe. Well, I know I'll never be a blog of note and for that I am proud.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

"bogs of note" is, I'm certain, more a function of politics than substance. Who knows what sort of scandal and such breathes in the dark halls of the Inner-Bloggers. At best, the chosen blogs are a whim of the Blogger staff. At worst, "blogs of note" represent merely those blogs with the highest hit count; which is funny since the most influential componant of a blog's populatiry is likely its inclusion in the "blogs of note" section. Though, I have noticed that linking to other pages (then having them link to yours) is a very effective method of courting Google traffic. That is, if you truly want this page to be popular, it is not a matter of the subtance (which I have enjoyed), it is a matter of playing the political game.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I agree about the blogs of note, I thought I was the only one who found them arbitrary and not really notworthy at all!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home