Monday, May 30, 2005

Well another semester, another set of disappointments with a few triumphs sprinkled in between. I'd rather not talk about it. I will say however, that I have one year of school left before I get a BS in Biology. They got the BS part right. It'll be nice to be over with things like finals week, which was a hectic one this semester. That's probably why it took me so long to recover and get back to posting, which I feel terrible about neglecting. I partially blame my crappy Dell computer, which crashed recently. It's infected with viruses because I never renewed my Norton Antivirus, which is a sham, since I never download anything. Mere ploys.

I wish to discuss one of my favorite topics: stupid people. During the last week of school I was in the computer lab typing up some papers. This random guy decided to bring a group of kids with him to the computer lab. First of all, he stole this girls computer while she got up to get something off the printer. When she came back and informed him that he was using her computer, he told her he thought it was free, instead of getting his ass up off her computer like he should have. She pointed out her things, which were in plain sight. He said, "I know. But I just figured I'd use it since no one was sitting here. Just give me a few more minutes, I'm almost done here." OKAY. I didn't like the guy already. Unfortunately she was pretty much done with her work, so she gave him her spot, right across from yours truly.

I understand that kids can be a handful, but this guy had no clue as to how to deal with children. Men can't rear young for a reason. It's more natural for them to suck at it. One must understand that it's impossible to have complete and utter control over a child, especially if they're not your own. This guy didn't understand that, he was obviously a control Nazi. Mr. Mom insisted that these children be completely mute, and of course they weren't, so he began to 'shush' them every five seconds. That turned out to be more annoying than the children themselves. He was ten times more audible than the kids. SHHH! SHHHH! Be quiet! If you aren't quiet I'm going to separate you two! SHHHH!! You SHHH, stupid! You are the one being loud. Damn it you're dumb. I just stared at him in hatred, from behind my monitor. I had fantasies of strangling him, or perhaps flicking him repeatedly on the forehead. This went on for hours; he just wouldn't leave. I had to relocate because it turned into such a spectacle and inevitably, a distraction. I wasn't the only one either.

If you can't handle a couple of kids, then don't bring them to a quiet study area during finals week. Numb nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home