Wednesday, November 03, 2004

non middle america mourns...and i'm pissed

It's an abomination is what it is. How stupid do we have to be to vote Bush into office again? This thought is neither new nor profound. I think this question has crossed many peoples minds today. So then how in the hell did this happen? Even with the big stink that was made about voting, Bush still won. Puff Daddy himself even led the "Vote or Die" crusade and it was all for nought. Sorry Puffy. We let you down. There are too many farmers out there and they overpowered the democratic vote. And what I mean by farmers is any population that lies between Los Angeles and New York. All farmers. Middle America doesn't care if some black man draped in bling bling tells you to vote for Kerry. The real strategy would have been to choose a leader to sway all the farmers away from the darkside. Someone they can relate to and look up to. Someone they can trust. John Denver or something. The Dixie Chicks...I don't know.

And shame on Florida. What a bunch of retards. Didn't they learn anything after the last elections fiasco? Didn't the US as a whole learn anything in the past four years? It's apparent that Bush is not a top notch speaker, decision maker, or president. The fact that Bush won the electoral vote is one thing, but the popular vote too? Inexcusable. He fooled us once, shame on him. He fooled us again, shame on us. I believe that's how the saying goes.

Then again, Kerry sucks too. And he's a big puss for conceding. I'm so mad at him for that. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big conspiracy going on there. Something just smells fishy. Why would Kerry concede so quickly? Wasn't he sort of friends with George W? Hmmm. Anyhow I'm glad I didn't vote for him. He didn't deserve my vote anyway. Kerry was merely Bush lite. I went ahead and decided to not vote "strategically" like a lot of people did. I voted Green. Not that this makes me better, but I think that people should just vote for who they really want to. I liked what the Green party had to offer so I voted for David Cobb. Idealistic? Maybe. Dreamer? Perhaps. But if more people thought this way then a difference could actually be made. Ok, I'll vote for the second guy because I REALLY don't want the first guy to win; even though the second guy sucks too. I don't want to "throw away my vote" because the independent party isn't going to win anyway. Bullshit! Why don't the fucking presidential debates include the running mates from the Libertarian party, the Independent, Green and Peace and Freedom party?! That's not representative! I'm very upset! Have these other party's no voice?! How else will they be heard?? Of course no one takes them seriously! Of course no one votes for them! We don't even know what they stand for! Fuck.
We are so run by the ideals of conformity. You have to be either Republican or Democratic to be President. There is no room for in between. And people continue to be complaisant and feed into these ideals. Bunch of sheep. Baaaaaaaaaahhhh.

Well I am very embarrassed of America. We must look soo dumb right about now. Once again, the yokels ruined it for everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

oh yeah. doh.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

However, though the "winning party" would have 21% of the seats, that party's bills and motions are subject to the remaining 79% of the house. That is, they don't "win" unattended control of a nation for a few years. The multi-party system is said to be more felfective of the population at large since, rather than two votes (one being more equal than the other, depending on the result of the election), there would be five votes of varying weights; under the multi-party system, it is possible for many minority parties to collude and defeat a majority party bill -- some have said that this makes the ruling party more accountable. (this is how we do it in Canada).

9:05 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

My hero. See, why can't the US adopt a more Canadian type of mentality? It seems to be working out nicely for them...multi party system, health care for everyone, minimized racial tension, great senses of humor. It just makes too much sense.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home