Thursday, July 01, 2004

everybody poops

Everybody poops. Everyone. You, your sister, your dog and even your mom. It's not a pretty picture, but we all know it's a fact of life. I'm not scared of talking about it but it seems like some people are. It's like we're afraid of letting others know we do it. I actually know someone who, for many years, didn't think that girls pooped. Isn't that great?

For a long time I refused to take a dump in a public restroom. I'm sure there are others out there that can relate. It can get so bad that people have psychological problems with it, like those people who can't urinate in public restrooms. Howard Stern had a problem like that during his youth; I believe he called it pee fear.

Now I've been forced to realize that sometimes you just have to get over it and use public restrooms, but the trauma that comes along with accidentally farting loudly or taking a loud shit can be irreparably damaging. I usually wait until everyone leaves the restroom to do my business. It shouldn't be that way and I realize that it doesn't have to be. I just can't ignore society telling me that farting out loud is gross, when in reality, farting in the restroom is fair game. People who fart in the restroom at least have the decency to fart there as opposed to the dinner table or a crowded elevator. Give them some credit.
Though I'm not really one to talk. I always giggle when someone farts in the bathroom. I can't help it, poo and the like is funny to me.

Maybe people are deathly afraid of talking about poo for the same reasons they don't want to talk about sex. It's taboo. Taboo's are stupid. Labeling these things taboo and refusing to openly talk about them is all in vain attempt to deny our animalistic behaviors. We need not be ashamed! These are our basic needs. It's natural. It's ok if you have to poop. Everybody poops.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

taboos are stupid! Unrelated, what is with the page layout change?

1:27 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

yes, down with taboos. you don't like the layout change?? not that big of a change, its just dark now instead of light. i was just trying to keep it fresh. switch it up a bit.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

fair enough; it just seems that everything has a brooding tone now, so much more edgy and fresh before; not that I critique - there is nothing wrong with change

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home