Thursday, June 03, 2004

levitate me

Now that I'm out of school for the summer I can do all those things that I wanted to do but never had time to. I've been thinking recently about one of those things, which has been a long standing project; to make a t-shirt that says I survived catholic school. When I mentioned the idea to one of my heathen friends, he suggested that I add ...let's fuck after the I survived catholic school bit, which IS a pretty good idea, except some tool who sees me out there will probably think I really want to fuck him. And we can't have that.

Not that most catholic school survivors wouldn't happily oblige to such things. However, if the stigma attached to catholic school girls being skanks is really true, I can say that I am the exception to the rule (for the most part). Although, I can attest to knowing several peers from catholic school who were total sluts. I basically grew up going to catholic school, which is pretty much why catholicism has become the bane of me. I went for all of my grade school years, except for 2/3 of the year in 6th grade. My experience with public school ended when I was told that I could not go to 6th grade camp unless I went to the catholic school across the street. I guess my mom couldn't risk me coming back from public 6th grade camp "knocked up" or anything. Especially since I still played with dolls, had not graduated from an undershirt to a bra, nor could I even begin to fathom what a clit was...until high school at least. Anyhow, there were still plenty of girls that I went to catholic school with who pretty much had their placentas dragging on the ground. And who can blame them? All that oppression has to manifest itself one way or another. Catholic school can only drive one to such limberness.




2 Comments:

Blogger Stuyvesant Parker said...

Uhm, yuck, I think.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

it was the idea of a dragging placenta that grossed you out wasn't it? tends to have that affect. works every time.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home