Wednesday, July 20, 2005

livestrong or livetrendy?

I'm getting pretty sick of those little yellow Livestrong bracelets. They are virtually everywhere, and it wouldn't be so bad if they were worn because of the true meaning behind them. No, siree it's become a trend. It's hip to wear the fucking thing. Everybody jump on the bandwagon! C'mon, you don't want to be left out now do you? You don't want to be the only one not wearing a Livestrong bracelet now, get with it. Apparently, one of my co-workers made well over $800 selling those little yellow bracelets on eBay to people overseas. Suckas! And to make things worse, now you have all these other Livestrong wannabe bracelets on the market. Anything to make a buck. I guess I'm just pissed because I didn't think of it first. But anyway, supporting a good cause is commendable, but trying to be cool by wearing that shitty bracelet is bafoonesque.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

perhaps it wouldn't be so offensive if the money made by selling those bracelets on ebay was donated to cancer research; your friend must acknowledge that as the moral course of action.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

uhhh believe me mike, this guy is NOT my friend, even if he did take a moral course of action and donate the money he made, he'd still be a jackass. no one can help him there.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home