Thursday, May 27, 2004

i don't like Walmart

I took my grandma to Costco today. And to the Bodega. Oh yeah and to Save A Lot too. As if Costco on a Sunday isn't already hell on earth. Ok I'm sorry, that's an exaggeration. Walmart on a Sunday (don't ever go to Walmart again btw) is hell on earth. Walmart on any given day is hell on earth actually. Yep, there's nothing better than topping off a few treacherous hours at Costco with a couple more trips to other supermarkets for a particular item that wasn't available or suitable from Costco. That's always fun. Dealing with situations that include overcrowding can be particularly frustrating. That's my beef with Costco. I didn't exactly dig the vibes I got at Save A Lot, either. The misery just hangs in there like a horrible stench; so thick you could cut it with a knife. Once I almost slipped and ate shit on some cow blood that was spilled on the floor in Save A Lot. It was from a package of beef in the meat section. I don't think they cared either, because they didn't clean it up and I know they saw it. You might not know this, but they actually have a section in the back corner of the store that is a "clearance section" of sorts, where they sell packages of opened or damaged food at discounted prices. You know, you have a box of ho-ho's with a couple missing; they're still good though...that's the thing, most stores would throw an item like this away but not these guys. They have some good deals though. I must give them that. Anyhow, that's why I avoid grocery shopping like the plague. I loathe grocery shopping. Although, I like Trader Joes. They don't have a Trader Joes in Chula Vista. I loathe Chula Vista.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home